Spring break is just a few weeks away! What are you and your family going to do? If the lure of the open road is beckoning, but your bank account is pumping the brakes, you might want to stick closer to home for your next vacation.
Fortunately, there's no shortage of fun and interesting places to visit right here in North Carolina.
Carolina Publishing Associates in Matthews collected 2016 attendance figures from North Carolina tourist attractions that release those numbers. For the third year in a row, the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences in downtown Raleigh is #1, pulling in over 937,000 visitors last year. It's hard to compete with dinosaurs. Click on any of the top ten for more information:
10. North Carolina Arboretum - Asheville
9. North Carolina Museum of Art - Raleigh
8. North Carolina Museum of History - Raleigh
7. Museum of Life and Science - Durham
6. Marbles Kids Museum - Raleigh
5. Discovery Place - Charlotte
4. North Carolina Zoo - Asheboro
3. Fort Macon - Atlantic Beach
2. Fort Fisher - Kure Beach
1. North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences - Raleigh