One of our favorite movies to quote - 'Life is like a box of chocolates,' and 'Run Forrest, Run!' And “My name is Forrest Gump. People call me Forrest Gump,” is, obviously, Forrest Gump, starring Tom Hanks.
Little did many of us movie fans realize, Tom was not among the first approached for the unique role of 'Forrest.'
NowBuzzMe.com reports that:
- John Travolta, Bill Murray and Chevy Chase all turned down the role.
- Tom Hanks didn't get paid for acting in the film. Instead, he (wisely) accepted percentage points which in the end, since the movie was a blockbuster, earned him $40 million!
- During the film's Ping-Pong matches, "there was no ball used. It was purely computer generated imagery."
- Elvis Presley voice in the movie was provided by Kurt Russell, no less! Did you recognize him?
- Both Ice Cube and Dave Chappelle were rumored to be offered the role of 'Bubba' (Bubba Gump Shrimp!) but turned it down. Mykelti Williamson took it and nailed it.