It’s always fun to look back at trends you used to think were cool. You can think of a few accessories that now make you wonder "why?” *Cough* Butterfly clips *Cough, Cough*. There are definitely some recent questionable fashion items from 2017 that we’ll regret in 2018.
1. Fur footwear rocked the runways and street style looks of many fashionistas. Yes, some fuzzy boots are acceptable, but sandals with hair? No, thank you.
Lo más: Las #sandalias peludas. Te enseñamos nuestras preferidas ???????? www.nosinmiclon.es (Link directo en la bio) ????????
136 Likes, 9 Comments - No Sin Mi Clon (@nosinmiclon) on Instagram: "Lo más: Las #sandalias peludas. Te enseñamos nuestras preferidas ???????? www.nosinmiclon.es (Link..."
2. Bodysuits can look adorable with a pair of tight high-waisted bottoms. However, they have hit a fashion extreme this year and make bathroom experiences highly odd.
The trinity of pink and body suits???? no matter what kind you like or shade you like most we have them all! Pssstt we also have other colors come in today???? #platoscloset #pcic #platosclosetic #bodysuit #pink #essentials #uiowa #iowacity #coralville
66 Likes, 6 Comments - Plato's Closet Coralville (@platosclosetic) on Instagram: "The trinity of pink and body suits???? no matter what kind you like or shade you like most we have..."
3. Beige pants came into the fashion forefront once Kim Kardashian was seen rocking one. Yes, the social media star can pretty much wear anything, but these look similar to your birthday suit!
2m Likes, 18.5k Comments - Kim Kardashian West (@kimkardashian) on Instagram: "Tuesdaze"
4. Micro-shades are less of sun protection and more like a granny knockoff. We aren’t too sure how this essentially useless accessory became a “thing”.
40 Likes, 2 Comments - Hollywood Pipeline (@thehollywoodpipeline) on Instagram: "Allons-y! Bella Hadid steps out in the French capital during Paris Fashion Week! ????"
5. Clear plastic pants are probably the most confusing item on this list. First of all, if you sweat people are automatically going to see the condensation. No one wants to see your butt sweat and undergarments.
£55 for a pair of clear plastic 'jeans'. Topshop you have surpassed yourselves with these beauties. #clearplasticjeans #topshopjeans #jeansformuggles
112 Likes, 22 Comments - Merlin O'Brien (@merlin_ob) on Instagram: "£55 for a pair of clear plastic 'jeans'. Topshop you have surpassed yourselves with these beauties...."
6. Feather eyebrows came on the scene real quick during fashion week. Thankfully, these fluffy creations were not accepted by most and lived mainly on social media.
so i'm starting this new brow trend please recreate it and wear it everyday and dont forget to tag me like and subscribe and hit that bell button???????????????? ALL credits go to my muse @leevittu he came up with this whilst brushing my eyebrows last sunday brow: glue stick skin: @maccosmetics Face&Body foundation C1, @maccosmetics pro longwear concealer NW20, a lot of Fix+ for the wet effect highlight: @katvondbeauty Alchemist Palette (Emerald, Opal, Amethyst) eyeshadows: @lipsicosmetics lipstick on the lid and @maccosmetics matte lipsticks in Frosting and Matte Royal mixed for the inner&outer corners mascara: @maccosmetics in extreme dimension lash mascara in Hold For 10
52.3k Likes, 3,505 Comments - Stella Sironen (@stella.s.makeup) on Instagram: "so i'm starting this new brow trend please recreate it and wear it everyday and dont forget to tag..."
Let's hope for better trends in 2018!
Sarah is a Hufflepuff living in NYC. When she is not traveling or talking to random animals, she is working as a script writer. Tweet her at @lumpyspacederp