Celebrities did not disappoint on the red carpet this year with couture numbers that made our jaws drop. From big ball gowns to chic silhouettes, here are 20 of the best looks from this year’s award season.
1. Elle Fanning wearing Vivienne Westwood Couture at Cannes. One of the hand-painted creations on the back includes a unicorn!
2. Zoe Kravitz wearing Dior Couture at the Emmys. The simple silhouette perfectly shows off the ombre feather-like design.
3. Hailee Steinfeld wearing Ralph & Russo at the Oscars. She certainly has had some stellar award show dresses, but this one takes the cake for us.
4. Ruth Negga wearing Valentino Haute Couture at the Oscars. The carpet may be red, however, it didn’t keep Ruth from rocking this gown.
5. Emma Stone wearing Valentino Haute Couture at the Golden Globe Awards. The color of the dress compliments her skin tone and the stars just add a little shimmer!
6. Lily Collins wearing Zuhair Murad Couture at the Golden Globe Awards. The actress looked like royalty in this feminine number. The hairstyle and bold lip top the look off perfectly.
7. Nicole Kidman wearing Gucci at the SAG Awards. Who knew parrots could be so chic? This is one of our personal favorite looks we saw this year.
8. Jennifer Lopez wearing Reem Acra at People’s Choice Awards. She is the queen of sexy and this dress certainly helped her keep that title.
9. Taraji P. Henson wearing Alberta Ferretti at the Oscars. We are in love with this vintage look! Taraji complimented the look with a sparkly silver necklace.
10. Yara Shahidi wearing Prada at the Emmys. This year was certainly the year of sequins. We don’t hate it at all!
11. Rhianna wearing Armani Prive at the Grammys. The singer matched a black ball gown skirt with a form-fitting orange top. She seriously could look amazing in anything.
12. Janelle Monae wearing Elie Saab Couture at the Oscars. The interesting combination of fabrics made for a unique look that turned the media’s heads.
13. Jessica Biel wearing KaufmanFranco at the Oscars. She looked exactly like one of the awards!
14. Tessa Thompson wearing Rosie Assoulin at the Emmys. She looked like a rainbow goddess in this big skirted number.
15. Priyanka Chopra wearing Balmain at the Emmys. The actress looked like an angel in this white beaded and feathered creation.
16. Mandy Moore wearing Naeem Khan at the Golden Globes. Yes, this dress may be simple, but the plunging neckline makes it a delight.
17. Kerry Washington wearing Dolce & Gabbana Alta Moda at the Golden Globes. The golden dress with added embellishments made for a stunning design.
18. Nicole Kidman wearing Calvin Klein by Appointment at the Emmys. Yes, our girl is on this list for the third time! She looked like a 1950s diva with a simple pair of mismatching shoes.
19. Gabrielle Union wearing Suhair Murad at the Emmys. The sheer, shimmering look had an added cape making for a dramatic look.
20. Sofia Boutella wearing Chanel at the Oscars. We love how feathers made a comeback this award season! Sofia looked like a modern day flapper girl with this long gown.
Sarah is a Hufflepuff living in NYC. When she is not traveling or talking to random animals, she is working as a script writer. Tweet her at @lumpyspacederp