There are just a few more days of the 2018 Winter Games in South Korea where we’ve seen a lot of amazing performances by the athletes on skis, skates, and skeletons. And who knew curling would be so captivating? But I think there’s room for growth in winter sports. Here are some ideas for events that the IOC should consider adding to the 2022 Winter Games in China:
10. Synchronized Shoveling – It’s all about communication and trust.
9. Zamboni Racing – Plenty of room for sponsor logos on those things.
8. Winter Weightlifting – Easier than winter weight loss.
7. Cross-Country Curling – It just keeps going and going and going…
6. Speed Scraping – Points deducted for swearing.
5. Alpine Dodgeball – Sounds classier than “snowball fight.”
4. Skolf – The biathlon with putters instead of rifles.
3. Freestyle Snow Tow – Because every country has rednecks.
2. Greco-Snowman Wrestling – See what I did there?
1. Ice Prancing – Picture this on a speed skating oval: