Unless you work at home, you probably have to deal with at least one other person that you might identify as a problem at the office. But if you can’t think of a coworker who would fit that description, then you might be the problem. Here are some questions to ask yourself:
- Are you a complainer?
- Do you gossip about your coworkers?
- Do you suck up to your bosses?
- Are you the resident “Reply All” person?
- Do you overdo it with the perfume or cologne?
- Do you bring your personal drama to the office and cry it out?
- Are you always flirting or trying to find dates in the office?
- Do you come to work even when you’re really sick?
- Do you always interrupt other people in conversations?
- Have you ever used someone else’s desk or computer?
- Do you take a lot of personal calls at work?
- Do take all of your calls on speaker or listen to music without earbuds?
- Have you ever microwaved fish or eaten other stinky food in the break room?
Nobody’s perfect but a little self-awareness can go a long way. At the very least, leave the fish at home. Please.