You made the New Year's resolution to hit the gym. You've gone there once. You're already having a hard time staying motivated to keep working out. It would be a lot easier if you could get paid to exercise, wouldn't it? You're in luck!
Believe it or not, there are fitness apps that will pay you to work out. You can earn cash, either for yourself or a charity, when you reach your fitness or weight loss goals. See if one of these is right for you:
- Achievement - Sync this one with other health apps and it will keep track of your steps and even sleep. The more healthy activities you do, the more money you can earn.
- Charity Miles - Raise money for your favorite charity based on how much exercise you get.
- DietBet - This is a free app, but you have to place a bet in order to get paid. Basically, you're betting on yourself to complete an existing fitness challenge or one that you've created for yourself.
- HealthyWage - After you invest some funds in yourself and join a fitness challenge, you have to prove you’re doing the work through verified weigh-ins. If you beat your goals, you make money.
- RunBet - This one is sort of like a live-action video game, starring you, that uses GPS in your phone to confirm your activity. Place a bet, reach your running goal by the time the game is finished, and you win.
- StepBet - Taking the stairs instead of the elevator can mean money in your pocket.
- SweatBet - This one features expertly-designed workout plans that you can do home without any equipment.
- Sweatcoin - Convert your steps into a digital currency which you can spend on goods, services and experiences, or donate to charity.