Let’s not kid ourselves. If Charlotte were as cold as Chicago and other parts of the Midwest are this week, none of us would go outside. Many of us moved here to escape unreasonably low temperatures.
Milder weather has helped Charlotte become one of America’s fastest growing cities. But winter isn’t over yet. There’s no telling what might still happen between now and spring. In case the polar vortex rears its ugly head again, here’s a list of some things to do when it’s just too cold to go outside:
1. Reconnect with friends on the phone, Skype, Facetime, or social media.
2. Clean out your closets and attic.
3. Catch up on TV shows, movies, and podcasts.
4. Find a new soup recipe and get busy in the kitchen.
5. Unroll your yoga mat in the living room and work out at home.
6. Get lost in a good book.
7. Bust out some board games. (Pandemic is a new favorite in my house.)
8. Update your portfolio, resume, and online professional profile.
9. Spend the day in bed, either sleeping or…whatever.