America turns 243 on Thursday so we have some celebrating to do this week. There are fireworks displays scheduled across the Charlotte area and you don’t even have wait until the 4th:
Tue, July 2nd
- Bojangles’ Summer Shootout at Charlotte Motor Speedway: Races start at 5:00 PM, followed by fireworks. Tickets are $8, kids 13 and under get in free.
Wed, July 3rd
- BB&T Ballpark – USA vs. Cuba: First pitch at 7:05 PM, fireworks after the game.
- Red, White, and Boom in Old Town Rock Hill, SC: 5:30 to 9:45 PM Kids’ Zone ($), a free concert, and fireworks at 9:45 PM.
Wed, July 3rd & Thu, July 4th
- Fourth of July Celebration at U.S. National Whitewater Center: Live music will begin at 6:00 PM followed by 9:30 PM fireworks displays both nights. Admission is free. Parking is $5. Bring blankets or chairs.
Thu, July 4th
- BB&T Ballpark – Charlotte Knights vs. Norfolk Tides: First pitch at 7:04 PM, SkyShow 2019 fireworks after the game. If you don’t have a game ticket, find a spot at Romare Bearden Park, directly across Mint Street from the ballpark.
- Carowinds Military Days: Free park admission to any active, inactive, or retired United States Service men and women with a valid military ID through July 7th. Fireworks on July 4th.
- City of Gastonia Fourth of July Celebration: Festivities begin at 5:00 PM near the Rotary Centennial Pavilion. Live music with Night Years from 6:00-9:00 PM. Fireworks accompanied by patriotic music at 9:30 PM. Free admission, food and beverages available for purchase.
- Red, White, and Belmont: 4:00-10:00 PM in downtown Belmont with a parade, rides, pie eating contest, patriotic pups, live music by Java Band, and fireworks. Free event.
- Tega Cay’s 4th of July Celebration: The fun starts at 9:00 AM with a Land Parade, followed by a Boat Parade, Carolina Ski Team performance, and Splish-n-Splash. Fireworks at 9:30 PM. Bring blankets or lawn chairs.
Fri, July 5th
- BB&T Ballpark – Charlotte Knights vs. Norfolk Tides: First pitch at 7:04 PM, post-game fireworks.