I would never say no to a Caribbean vacation. The same goes for a Caribbean meal.
Puerto Rico is one of my favorite places on Earth. But family, work, and other commitments in Charlotte don’t allow for me to just drop everything anytime I want and take off for San Juan. I can, however, get a taste of the islands whenever I want.
If you’re interested in finding good Puerto Rican, Cuban, Dominican, or Jamaican food, I suggest exploring these area restaurants that specialize in Caribbean cuisine:
- A Piece of Havana Authentic Cuban Cuisine – 11126 S. Tryon Street
- Anntony’s Caribbean Cafe – 2001 E. 7th Street
- Anntony’s Caribbean Cafe – 6434-F W. Sugar Creek Road
- Caribbean Hut – 200 W. Woodlawn Road, Suite D
- Havana Carolina (Cuban) – 11 Union Street South, Suite 108, Concord
- Irie Vibes Caribbean Restaurant – 2729 N. Tryon Street
- Island Grocery and Grill (Jamaican) – 5861 Albemarle Road
- Lawrence Caribbean – 3011 West Blvd
- Mama’s Caribbean Grill – 1504 Central Avenue
- Mango’s Caribbean Restaurant – 3112 N. Davidson Street
- Mi Barrio Halal Latin Grill (Dominican) – 7308 E. Independence Blvd
- Negril Social Caribbean Cuisine – 3428 N. Tryon Street
- Papi’s Puerto Rican Cuisine – 440 E. McCullough Drive, #123
- Punta Cana Restaurant & Grill (Dominican) – 5230 South Blvd
- Quidley’s Delight (Jamaican) – 10901 University City Blvd
- Sabor de Puerto Rico – 4709 Tuckaseegee Road
Of course, this list is meant only as an introduction to Charlotte’s Caribbean culinary scene. There are many more restaurants and even food trucks in the area where you can escape your normal food routine and enjoy an island vacation on a plate.