I’m kinda glad I don’t wear them now.
Swimming with your contact lenses can make you go blind. That’s the warning being issued by medical professionals after two people in England contracted acanthamoeba keratitis.
In both cases, the victims — a man and a woman — each lost vision in one eye after the parasite became lodged under a contact lens.
Experts say while the parasite is common in water, it usually washes right out of swimmers’ eyes. In both cases, the victims would have been fine had they removed their contacts before swimming, doctors say.