Dinner and a movie get boring after a while. Read more to learn how to switch up your date ideas and make new memories around Charlotte and North Carolina.
Don’t have any ideas for a date? Here are some different date ideas you might’ve not thought of!
- An impromptu road trip – Road trips are great, especially when they’re not planned out. Get in the car and travel to one of your favorite places with your significant other.
- Places to travel to in North Carolina and Charlotte:
– Lexington, NC: Barbecue and Wine. Visit the annual Barbecue Festival in October, you won’t be disappointed with Lexington Barbecue’s standard menu or go to Childress Vineyards to sit back and sip.
– Winston-Salem, NC: Downtown Winston-Salem has Yadkin Valley winery tours and Triad-area brewery hopping or go to the Foothills Brewings downtown brewpub.
– Lake Lure, NC: Famous as a key setting for Dirty Dancing, it’s a quiet mountain destination perfect for a nice change of pace from the party-boat vibe of Lake Norman.
– Boone, NC: They have bouldering, zip lines, lazy tubing, and winter snowboarding better than any other state. There are great culinary creatives there too!
– Travelers Rest, SC: The town is a secret cyclist’s mecca since the 2013 debut of Hotel Domestique. If you like golf, you can golf at the Cherokee Valley Golf Club! They also have Paris Mountain State Park where you can camp or hike.
2. Spontaneous star-gazing – Head to your nearest park or find an area to lay and look at the stars. You can have a picnic while you’re there to add to the date.
- Parks in Charlotte
–Freedom Park: 1908 East Blvd
–Romare Bearden Park: 300 S Church St
–Latta Park: 601 E Park Ave
3. Bargain hunting – Go thrift shopping! You can find stuff you want or crack jokes about some of the items you find around the store.
- Thrift Stores in Charlotte
-Camino Thrift Store: 133 Stetson Dr, University City
-Value Village: 6300 South Blvd. Starmount
-Bargain Hunters: 7020 Albemarle Rd, Eastland
-Buffalo Exchange: 1521 Central Ave, Plaza Midwood
-Assistance League: 3405 S Tryon St
4. An arcade game challenge – Play games at an arcade to see how many tickets you could win then pick out a crazy prize you both want.
- Best Arcades in Charlotte
–Abari Game Bar: 1721 N Davidson St, Noda
–The Basement Arcade Bar: 14 Union St S
–Lucky’s Bar and Arcade: 300 N College St
-Palmer St: 412 W Palmer St
–Command Post Gaming Center: 8700 Pineville Matthews Rd
5. A drinking and cooking class – Cook different meals and try different wines with your significant other at a cooking class.
- Drinking and Cooking Classes in Charlotte
–Cocoa Lab: Located in Ritz Carlton, 201 East Trade Street
–Johnson & Wales University: 801 W Trade St
–Salud! Cooking School: Located on the third floor of Whole Foods, 6610 Fairview Rd
–Community Culinary School of Charlotte: 9315 Monroe Rd, Suite D
–Santhoshi’s Kitchen: 511 Brookhaven Dr, Fort Mill
6. Moonlit hiking -Go on a quiet, romantic, late-night hike by moonlight was carefree.
- Best places to hike in Charlotte
-Rocky Face Mountain Recreational Area
-Buffalo Creek Preserve
-South Mountains State Park: High Schools Falls Loop Trail and Backpacking Loop
-Lake Norman State Park: Lake Shore Trail
-Crowders Mountain State Park: Pinnacle Trail
7. Scavenger hunt – Make it fun and full of inside jokes for a one-of-a-kind date.
- Scavenger Hunts in Charlotte
-Crazy Dash Digital Adventures: 300 South Church Street
-Puzzling Adventures: 206 S Church St
-Big City Hunt: App
-3Quest Challenge: 100 North Tryon Street