It is officially about to be September! (Yes, I’m in shock too) But that means Labor Day is right around the corner. And we know some of you have plans…but for those of you who don’t, we’ve got a list of some last-minute ideas just for you.
1. Host a BBQ! You don’t need any help for this one, just some food from the grocery store, some drinks and family/friends!
2. Get active and spend the day st the U.S. National Whitewater Center’s Labor Day Celebration on Sunday. There will fireworks! Visit their website for more information here.
3. How about some time travel? You can go back in time to the year 1780 with the Historic Latta Plantation Revolutionary War Weekend. This event features battle reenactments, food, family fun, and live demonstrations. You can enjoy this historical fun on Saturday and Sunday. The battle reenactments are at 2:00 pm each day. See more here.
4. Everyone loves a good parade! Catch the Charlotte Labor Day Parade on Monday, September 2nd at 11 a.m. in Uptown. The parade route is from the Hal Marshal Center, south on Tryon St. through The Square, turning on 3rd St, and ending on College Street.
5. Warning, I-277 will be closed for this one on Sunday morning. But…you can “get around it” by running. Literally. The inaugural Around the Crown 10K road race on the I-277 loop around uptown is early Sunday morning and you can sign up here.