Money magazine is out with their choices for 2019’s Best Places to Live in America. They looked at each area’s economic health, cost of living, diversity, public education, income, crime, ease of living and amenities, among other criteria. In the case of larger cities, Money will sometimes narrow down their choice to a specific neighborhood.
This year, Clarksville, Tennessee tops the ranking, thanks to its low housing prices, proximity to Nashville, and business opportunities. But just a few spots down the list, at #5, is an area in Charlotte’s 28205 ZIP Code: Country Club Heights.
This affordable neighborhood was established in 1950 and most of the homes still reflect that. Country Club Heights is also very close to other popular parts of Charlotte, including Plaza-Midwood, NoDa, and Uptown. As a result, commute times from Country Club Heights are pretty good for many residents. I should know. I’m one of them.
Look at how happy I am! There are lots of cool things about Country Club Heights. We have:
- Our own school (Shamrock Gardens Elementary)
- Our own park (Shamrock Park)
- Our own independent family-owned pharmacy (Pike’s Pharmacy)
- Our own neighborhood restaurant (Letty’s)
- Our own flower shop (Colonial Florist)
- Our own fall festival (Festival in the Heights)
- Our own official website that will tell you even more!
Money Magazine’s Top Ten Best Places To Live In America
- Clarksville, TN
- Round Rock, TX
- Fishers, IN
- Fulton River District, Chicago, IL
- Country Club Heights, Charlotte, NC
- Draper, UT
- Bentonville, AK
- Madison, WI
- Meridian, ID
- Winter Garden, FL