Halloween is still more than a month away, but you might be ready to get your scare on now. Below are some of America’s most blood-curdling haunted attractions, as ranked by Amber Arnett-Bequeaith, a.k.a the Queen of Haunts.
Of course, there are thirteen of them on the list. One of the attractions is in North Carolina, but three are in Kansas City. Makes you wonder what’s going on out there.
- Edge of Hell, Kansas City – It features the world’s largest serpent. Enough said.
- Cutting Edge, Dallas – Don’t miss the zombie drum line.
- Bates Motel and Haunted Hayride, Philadelphia – Not your Memaw’s hayride.
- Beast, Kansas City – Set in medieval times.
- NETHERWORLD, Atlanta – Scarier than Atlanta traffic?
- Headless Horseman, Ulster Park, NY – Just a little more intense than Washington Irving’s story.
- Macabre Cinema, Kansas City – Especially fun for horror movie fans.
- Spooky Woods, Archdale, NC – All aboard the Sudden Death Express!
- Dent Schoolhouse, Cincinnati – An old schoolhouse with impressive special effects technology.
- Erebus, Detroit – Get ready for some freaky time travel.
- Haunted Hotel, San Diego – Where mayhem and macabre check in.
- 13th Floor, Chicago – There’s a reason most high-rises don’t have an elevator button for the 13th floor.
- 13th Gate, Baton Rouge – Louisiana is famous for its above ground mausoleums. Hint, hint…