While a lot of folks will be heading home next week to spend Thanksgiving with their family, it seems there are plenty of people who would rather skip the meal with mom and dad.
A new poll finds the following to be true according to SWNS Digital.
- 68% of young adults, ages 18 to 38, would rather celebrate Friendsgiving than Thanksgiving.
- 62% actually don’t enjoy hosting or attending a traditional Thanksgiving.
- The biggest reason people prefer a Friendsgiving is that they don’t have to endure personal questions from a family like they would at a traditional Thanksgiving.
- Meanwhile, another 40% say they prefer it because they don’t have to keep their opinions to themselves like at Thanksgiving, and 38% say they don’t have to worry about offending a relative.
But just because folks aren’t celebrating a traditional Thanksgiving, doesn’t mean all Thanksgiving traditions are thrown out the window.
- 44% of those having a Friendsgiving will still serve traditional Thanksgiving dishes.
- In fact, turkey is still the top dish served at Friendsgiving (54%), followed by:
- Mashed potatoes (45%)
- Sweet potatoes (39%)
- Beef tenderloin (39%)
- Gravy (36%)
I don’t know, I’m 26 and I feel like I equally like both.