There are so many fun things to do this weekend in the Charlotte area. From ice skating to local concerts, if you are looking for a way to get out and enjoy the Queen City, I’ve got you covered.
Check out some of my suggestions below. Enjoy!
- Knight Theater
- Celebrate all things jazz because the Bechtler is turning 10.
- 7:30-9:30 p.m.
- Coyote Joe’s
- Country rap, anyone? I assume some of you are interested, given that 5.5K people have marked “interested” on Facebook. Impressive.
- 7 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Essential Thrive at Optimist Hall
- Doing candlelight yoga in beautiful Optimist Hall seems so lovely and relaxing. It’s free and open to all levels.
- 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- 550 E. Stonewall St., Suite 200
- The new fitness studio is celebrating its opening with giveaways, healthy food samples, Lemon Love nail art, and coupons.
- 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- First United Methodist Church Charlotte
- 7 pm
- The UNC Glee Club is excited to take our show on the road
- Windy Hill Orchard
- Break out your Barbour jackets and personalized oysters knives, folks. Your ticket includes all-you-can-eat oysters, a souvenir pint glass, and your first glass of cider.
- 12:30-5 p.m.
- Charlotte Comedy Theater
- 7-8:30 p.m.
- Visulite Theatre – 1615 Elizabeth Ave.
- Beatles tribute band Abbey Road will be performing classics like “Octopus’ Garden”, “Yellow Submarine,” and “Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds” through a family-friendly experience.
- 9 p.m. 4-6 p.m.
- the 1774 Alexander Rock House – 3500 Shamrock Drive
- Back in the day (circa the 1700s), people used to have a huge celebration 12 days after Christmas called the Twelfth Night. So Charlotte Museum of History is hosting a party with bonfires, hot cider, live music, and games at the oldest home in the county.
- The event is free but you can do a candlelight tour for $5 or a $25 VIP experience with a tour + whiskey tastings in the cellar.
- 5:30-8:30 p.m.
- 3000 S. Tryon St.
- 10 a.m.
- Complimentary cupcakes, raffles, food, cornhole tournament, and kid crafts and games. All proceeds benefit Purpose CLT.
- Dandelion Market
- Celebrate their 10th birthday will free light bites and drink specials.
- 4-7 p.m.
- NASCAR Hall of Fame
- 5 p.m.
- Daniel Stowe, 6500 S New Hope Road, Belmont
- Stroll through the gardens and see a mile of lights. Roast a marshmallow by a crackling fire, shop, and listen to holiday music, too.
- 5-9 p.m.
- U.S. National Whitewater Center
- This new ice skating rink includes 17,000 square feet of ice on the Upper Pond of the whitewater river, and it’ll have three areas (free skate, winter sports, and a 600-foot ice trail). The skating area will also have a skate-up bar where you can buy craft beer, hot chocolate, and coffee. While you’re there, check out the half-mile walking trail of holiday lights.
- $20 for a single activity pass.
- 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Alexis Zarycki is your average girl with the hopes of leaving an everlasting impact on the world. Follow her on Instagram @official_lexpaige