Mecklenburg County offices and services recognize the Thanksgiving holiday and will be closed Thursday, Nov. 26 and Friday, Nov. 27, 2020. They are as follows:
- All units in the Department of Services, the Tax Office, the Elections Office, the Register of Deeds Office, and the Land Use and Environmental Services Agency offices
- The Department of Social Services hotlines will continue to operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week to receive reports of suspected abuse or neglect. To report the abuse of seniors or the disabled, call 704-336-CARE (2273). To report abuse, neglect, or human trafficking of children, call 980-31-HELPS (43577).
- The Health Department
- The Main Library and all library branches (closed both days)
- Due to the coronavirus, all recreation centers, senior centers, nature centers, and indoor rental facilities will remain closed
- Remote learning sites, for those registered, will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 26, and Friday, Nov. 27, 2020.
- Solid Waste administrative offices (All Solid Waste facilities will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 26 and reopen normal hours on Friday, Nov. 27, 2020.)
- The Mecklenburg County Aquatic Center will close at 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 25. The center will be closed from Thursday, Nov. 26 through Sunday, Nov. 29, 2020. Ray’s Splash Planet remains closed.
- Parks, Nature Preserves, and Greenways will remain open.
- CharMeck 311 closed both days
NOTE: Outside regular business hours, CharMeck 311 callers can report water, sewer, stormwater, and animal issues via an automated service that dispatches assistance.
Residents can submit service requests online 24 hours a day or access several city services by downloading the CLT+ mobile app. Residents can call 911 for any emergencies.