When the weather outside gets frightful, that’s the perfect time to curl up with a cozy blanket, a good holiday flick, and a nice glass of wine. But which wine goes best with which movie? The oenophiles at wine subscription service Bright Cellars took it under consideration and came up with some Christmas movie wine pairings:
- “A Christmas Story” – Pinot Noir. This classic deserves a red wine that will light up your taste buds like that infamous leg lamp.
- “Elf” – Sparkling wine. Something bubbly will be a good match for Buddy’s energetic spirit.
- “Home Alone” – Bordeaux blend. Since Kevin’s family took off for France without him, why not sip on a red wine from the French Bordeaux?
- “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” – Sauvignon Blanc. This white wine known for its “green” flavors like lemongrass and green apple.
- “It’s a Wonderful Life” – Pinot Grigio. The flavors of white peach and lemon zest in this white wine pair nicely with the feel-good story of George Bailey.
- “Love Actually” – Petite Sirah. This red varietal with flavor notes of black pepper, sugarplum and dark chocolate is perfect for the nine romantic holiday stories in this movie.
You can see five more of Bright Cellars’ recommendations HERE.