I love the smell of charcoal in the summer! Grilling season is here and, for me, the food is the easy part. But I’m no wine expert. All I know is red wine with beef, white wine with fish.
My go-to wines are E. Guigal Côtes du Rhône and Kendall Jackson Reserve Chardonnay. The meals I prepare on the grill would probably benefit from an expanded wine selection. Fortunately, Martha Stewart is giving amateurs like me the best wine pairings to enhance the flavors and textures of our favorite grilled foods. Here are some recommendations:
- Grilled seafood with Rosé – Château de Berne Romance Rosé 2020, Chateau Minuty ‘M’ Limited Edition Rosé 2020, H3 Rosé 2019, DAOU Vineyards Rosé 2019
- Grilled chicken with Chardonnay – La Crema Sonoma Coast Chardonnay 2018, Joseph Drouhin Laforet Chardonnay 2018, Yalumba Y Series Unwooded Chardonnay 2019
- Grilled steak with Cabernet Sauvignon – Grounded Wine Co. California Cabernet Sauvignon 2019, Los Vascos Cabernet Sauvignon 2018, Chateau Ste. Michelle Cabernet Sauvignon 2017
- Grilled vegetables with Sauvignon Blanc – Spy Valley Sauvignon Blanc 2020, Duckhorn Sauvignon Blanc 2019, Veramonte Sauvignon Blanc 2019
- Grilled Lamb with Tempranillo – Marques de Riscal Rioja Reserva 2015, Finca Torremilanos Montecastrillo Tinto 2018
- Grilled pork with Zinfandel – Bonterra Organically Grown Zinfandel 2019, Decoy Zinfandel 2019, Murphy-Goode Liar’s Dice Zinfandel 2015
You can read more about wines that go best with different grilled food HERE. Cheers!