When I read this headline, before looking at the story, out loud I said, “Awwww hell no”. And then I read the story. And again said, “Awwww hell no.” Luckily this young lady is smart and said the same thing I did.
A woman on TikTok named Carolyn recently shared the insane list of demands that her boyfriend sent her before she went off to college. The list has 11 rules she is supposed to follow. The list of rules is a HUGE sign that this dude is controlling. Also shocking is that the dude’s mom approved the rules.
Here are the outrageous demands on the list:
- Don’t ignore me after reading this
- Never turn off your life360, find my iphone, or Snap location
- Approve all outfits you wear past me and my mom
- Do not come in contact with boys by 25 or more feet
- Absolutely no drinking
- No crop tops or tight clothing
- Be in your dorm by 9pm every night and facetime me so I know you are alone
- Not allowed to go to frat parties, house parties, dorm parties etc
- You cannot wear other boys clothing
- No comparing hand sizes with other boys, hugging, kissing etc
- Never take off the ring I gave you
WTH?! Seriously? This list is stunning! This dude is out of his mind! Anyone that tries to control someone else has some issues. I’m so glad this young lady realized that he has problems and broke up with him.
Carolyn made it clear to him she no longer wanted a relationship. And she let the parents know too, and blocked them all from her phone and social media accounts. The video received millions of views but has now be removed from her TikTok profile.
I applaud this young lady and her parents. She is standing up for herself and recognizes ‘red flags’. Good for you Carolyn! I was ( and am) very independent and would have laughed at this guy when I was younger too, however many young women think that this type of behavior is ok. Make sure you teach your daughters to stand up for themselves and recognize abusive behavior. AND shame on this guy’s mom for encouraging his idiocy.