Beers and cheers are filling the air. In less than two weeks, Oktoberfest moves from Munich to downtown Mooresville. On Tap presents its annual Oktoberfest celebration on Saturday, Oct. 9, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
This family-friendly event features live music, crafts, food vendors, and more. It starts in the morning with the Brat Trot 5k, a 3.1-mile run throughout historic downtown Mooresville that benefits Lake Norman Humane Society. The event continues with a full-day Oktoberfest celebration, which also recognizes On Tap’s four-year anniversary serving the best in local craft beers from its Main Street location.
A few highlights from the upcoming festivities include:
- Outdoor beer tent with seasonal brews such as Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest (an amber Marzen) and pumpkin beers
- Popular bluegrass band Coddle Creek, 630-830 p.m.
- Afternoon tunes with Southbound 77
- Pet adoption with LKN Humane
- Fall crafts with Nailed It DIY Studio Mooresville
- Brats and more with B’s Grill
- Delicious treats from State Fair Mini Donuts of NC
- Pretzel-necklace creation station
- Stein hoisting contest