Those of us involved in preparing the Thanksgiving feast generally focus on three things: the turkey, the sides, and the dessert. But what about appetizers? There’s usually a lot time to kill before the bird is ready. I say there’s nothing wrong with priming your palate while watching a parade, football game, or the National Dog Show. Just make sure you’re not adding to the workload in the kitchen.
The folks at kitchn have found eleven tasty frozen appetizers that may actually be better than ones you can make yourself. These should make your holiday gatherings a lot easier and they’re all available in the frozen foods section at some of your favorite stores. Get ready to impress your guests!
- P.F. Chang’s Kung Pao Cauliflower – tempura battered cauliflower covered in spicy Kung Pao sauce, $6.52 for 24-ounces at Walmart.
- TGI Fridays Loaded Bacon and Cheddar Potato Skins – great for game day or any other occasion, $5.78 for 13.5-ounces at Walmart.
- Perdue Popcorn Chicken – easier to heat these than frying chicken and pair well with ketchup, buffalo sauce or honey mustard, $10.99 for 26 ounces on Instacart.
- Armour Original Meatballs – everyone loves meatballs and these chicken and pork varieties come in a pack of 128, $13.29 for 64-ounces at Publix.
- Tyson Any’tizers Buffalo Hot Wings – tear open the bag and serve or heat in an air fryer, $9.34 for 22-ounces on Instacart.
- Phillips Crab Cakes – these can be pan-fried or oven baked and go great with tartar sauce, $8.99 for 6-ounces at Target.
- Alexia Sweet Potato Fries – can be prepared in a toaster oven, oven or air fryer and are seasoned with sea salt, $4.29 for 20-ounces at Target.
- Stouffer’s Stuffed Peppers – peppers loaded with beef and tomato sauce, add Italian blend cheese as a topping, $7.73 for 32-ounces at Walmart.
- Good and Gather Uncured Bacon Wrapped Scallops – great for any occasion from football games to parties, $7.99 for 7-ounces at Target.
- Chef Bombay Mini Vegetable Samosas – cook in the oven for 20 minutes and you are good to go, $6.49 for 12.5-ounces at Target.
- Trader Joe’s Breaded Fried Ravioli – pair great with vodka sauce or marinara, $3.99 for 16-ounces at Trader Joe’s.