Is healthier eating on your list of New Year’s resolutions? It’s fairly easy to stick to a clean eating plan when you’re at home because you have more control over your food and time. Once you go back to work, however, it can get a little trickier. The moment you’re running behind and need to grab something to eat before your next meeting is when your best intentions can go awry. That’s when you end up at the drive-thru.
Fast food and healthy eating don’t usually go together but many chains offer options for people who care about what they put in their bodies. Food Network has identified ten of the healthiest fast food menu items available in 2022 along with detailed nutritional information. They’re listed below in alphabetical order by name of restaurant. It really is possible to eat healthier when you’re in a hurry!
- Arby’s Roast Chicken Entrée Salad – Lettuce and tomato topped off with crispy bacon, chicken and cheddar cheese. 250 calories, 14g total fat.
- Chick-fil-A’s Grilled Chicken Sandwich – Lemon-herb marinated boneless chicken breast served on a multigrain bun with lettuce and tomato. 320 calories, 6g total fat.
- Chipotle Steak Salad – Greens, steak, brown rice, Monterey Jack cheese and fresh tomato salsa in a large portion. 455 calories, 16g total fat.
- Dunkin’s Veggie Egg White Omelet – Made with a veggie egg white omelet with bell peppers, spinach and onions with cheddar cheese on a multigrain sandwich thin. 290 calories, 13g total fat.
- McDonald’s Fruit & Maple Oatmeal – It has two servings of whole grain oats with cream, brown sugar, red and green apples, cranberries and raisins. 320 calories, 4.5g total fat.
- Noodles and Company’s Cauliflower Rigatoni Fresca with Shrimp – Cauliflower-infused rigatoni sautéed with balsamic vinaigrette, olive oil, shrimp, roasted garlic, red onion, tomato and spinach and parmesan cheese. 470 calories, 20g total fat.
- Panda Express Bowl with Super Greens and Kung Pao Chicken – Super Greens are a mixture of greens and broccoli. Sichuan-inspired Kung Pao Chicken includes peanuts and vegetables with chili peppers. 380 calories, 22g total fat.
- Panera’s Almond Chicken Salad on Country Rustic Sourdough – Chicken salad made with red grapes, celery, toasted almonds with greens tomatoes and salt and pepper on Country Rustic Sourdough bread. 550 calories, 25g total fat.
- Starbucks Tomato and Mozzarella Panini – Plant-based sandwich that includes roasted tomatoes, mozzarella, basil pesto and spinach on focaccia bread. 380 calories, 14g total fat.
- Wendy’s Sour Cream and Chive Baked Potato – It can be a snack or an entire meal. 310 calories, 2.5g total fat.