Phil & Mel In The Afternoon

Weekdays 3:00PM-7:00PM

Photo by Michael Ciaglo/Getty Images

This story got my attention because I got married (the last time) at the Omni Grove Park Inn. It’s a gorgeous place and it’s a bit pricey so you wouldn’t expect drug overdoses to happen there. Sadly, that’s what happened over the weekend.

Fire crews responded to a call for multiple possible overdoses at the Omni Grove Park Inn Saturday evening, according to Fox Carolina. Kelly Klope with the Asheville Fire Department said just before 7:30 p.m. on Feb. 5, Asheville fire crews responded to Grove Park Inn for a possible overdose call.

According to the story, two people received treatment on-scene and an additional four approached the fire department with concerns of their condition. Six people in total were taken to Mission Hospital for further treatment. The Asheville Police Department said narcotics have been recovered and detectives are investigating.

I realize drugs are everywhere but this is definitely not a place that I’d think a drug overdose would happen. Hopefully all involved will be ok. Crazy!
If you’ve never been to the Omni Grove Park Inn it’s a great weekend getaway. Great spa and the food is amazing! The best meal I’ve had was at the Grove Park. Lobster and THE best butter EVER!