Kids are out of school and the summer vacation vibes are here! Many of us pack up and head for our favorite beach for some relaxation. And as wonderful as that is, there are some fun vacation options you may not have thought of but may want to check out.
Lifehacker has a list of some unique vacation ideas, and I’ve never even thought of some of these. The website has “12 Vacation Ideas” that most of us probably never considered. For instance, did you know that you can stay overnight in a lighthouse? There are lighthouses around the country that you can actually rent. I had no clue!
Some of the other ideas listed are:
- Ride dune buggies. If you loved bumper cars as a kid, you’ll probably love racing around the desert in dune buggies as an adult.
- Stay at a ghost town. For those who love everything about Halloween, why not celebrate creepy season during the summer?
- Visit Deadwood. It may feel like a museum, but it’s a real town in SD where you can stand where Wild Bill Hickock once stood.
- Take a train trip. Why only travel by plane? Luxury train vacations let you can see stunning scenery and great accommodations.
- Stay in a castle. Lots of castles both stateside and abroad have been converted into hotels you can stay in.
- Stay in a farm. If you’ve ever wondered what it’s really like living and working on a farm, you can!
- Museum/planetarium overnights. Lots of museum and planetariums offer overnight packages for children and for adults.
If you haven’t planned your summer vacation yet, check out all the cool & interesting vacation options here. There are also details on how to book all of the ideas that are listed.