I was wondering why my battery was dying so fast lately and now I found the answer. PCMag reports on recent data that shows which apps on your mobile device are draining its battery the most.
If your phone is burning out quickly throughout the day, it might be worth re-evaluating which apps are absolutely necessary to have installed on your device and running at all times.
Key highlights from the data
- The top five apps draining your battery fastest: Fitbit, Verizon, Uber, Skype, and Facebook
- Social media and dating apps are the most guilty of this: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat, YouTube, and WhatsApp are in the top 20, and all permit 11 features to run in the background.
- The top five apps that take up the most space on your phone: United Airlines, Lyft, Uber, Fitbit, Facebook
- Ridesharing and fitness apps are among those taking up the most memory on your phone, likely due to their movement tracking and analytics features.
- How to verify battery usage yourself: Users can go into “settings”, select “battery”, and look at “battery usage by app”. In the battery section, you’ll find a bunch of useful analytics that you can use to make decisions on your app usage.
For me, the culprits are Facebook and Instagram which I am always on. I guess I have to cut back on my endless scrolling to save my battery’s life. You can read more on the story here.
Alexis Zarycki is your average girl with the hopes of leaving an everlasting impact on the world. Follow her on Instagram @official_lexpaige