Make Kids Happy This Christmas By Joining ‘Operation Santa’
Christtmas can be a magical time, especially for children, but there are so many kids and families in need in our country. I think one of the most amazing things do to this time of year is to make others happy. Knowing that you’re helping someone else and bringing a smile to their face can give you all the feels. Now is the time to join in ‘Operation Santa’ and give kids the Christmas they all deserve!
The United States Postal Service is celebrating its 111th year with ‘Operation Santa’. They’ve been collecting letters from kids to Santa since September. Now you can play the ‘jolly Fat Man’ and give kids lots of smiles. According to the USPS website, you can answer letters to Santa.
Here’s How It All Works
Letters to Santa are claimed quickly, so act fast! Here’s how the process works:
- Visit USPSOperationSanta.com, register and have identity verified.
- If potential adopters are unable to complete their ID verification online, they will be provided with a code and given instructions on how to complete verification in person at a local Post Office.
- Once verified, the adopter will receive a welcome email with detailed information on how to participate in the program.
- Potential adopters can read letters and choose one or more to fulfill. Once a letter is chosen, adopters must follow the directions they were sent in their welcome email to ship gifts.
- Packages must be shipped via Priority Mail service, but gifts do not need to be in Priority Mail-branded boxes.
- Letter adopters are responsible for postage fees to ship the gift packages.
Financially, many of us are struggling this year, but if you can help out and bring joy to a child’s life, it will mean the world to them! All kids need to experience magic and happiness. This is a great thing to do as a family! If you have kids, it will give them a great sense of accomplishment and satisfaction to help other kids have a wonderful Christmas!
Giving back, no matter what time of year it is, makes you feel good. Making others smile is one of the greatest things we can do as people as kindness is contagious. No matter the gift, big or small, just helping kids have a Christmas makes all the difference in their lives. Thanks for anything you can do!! Merry Christmas!