February is National Cancer Prevention Month and you can help raise money for the cause just by getting a sandwich. For the third year, local Subway restaurants are enlisting college basketball coaches to become “Sandwich Artists” as part of the month-long Coaches vs. Cancer campaign.
Throughout the month of February, you can visit participating Subway locations in 22 counties surrounding Charlotte and make a donation at the checkout to Coaches vs. Cancer. All contributions will support American Cancer Society local patient programs, education, and research.
The coaches participating this year are Tim Craft of Gardner-Webb University, Jim Fox of Appalachian State University, Pat Kelsey of Winthrop University, Bob McKillop (above) of Davidson College, and Ron Sanchez of UNC Charlotte. They’ll each appear at Subway locations on or near their respective campuses. Here’s the schedule:
Monday, February 4th (World Cancer Day)
- Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs Coach Tim Craft, 12-1 PM at Subway, 117 E. College Ave., Boiling Springs.
- Appalachian State Mountaineers Coach Jim Fox, 12-1 PM at Subway, 1542 Highway 421 S., Gateway Center in Boone.
- Davidson Wildcats Coach Bob McKillop, 12-1 PM at Subway, 170 Harbour Place Dr., Davidson.
Tuesday, February 5th
- Winthrop Eagles Coach Pat Kelsey, 11 AM-12 PM at Subway, 701 Oakland Ave., Dinkins Center, Rock Hill.
- Charlotte 49ers Coach Ron Sanchez, 12-1 PM at Subway, 9201 UN Blvd., Cone University Building, Charlotte.