Harris Teeter has announced that three of its supermarkets in the Charlotte area will no longer be open 24 hours a day. Effective March 4th, the stores at Cotswold Village, 112 S. Sharon Amity; Morrocroft Village, 6701 Morrison Blvd.; and Quail Corners, 8538 Park Road will close at midnight and reopen at 5:00 or 6:00 AM. Those will be the new hours for all of Harris Teeter’s more than 250 locations nationwide.
I’m guessing that it simply wasn’t cost-effective for Harris Teeter to keep those stores open all night. Many consumers are using online grocery delivery services so the way we shop is certainly changing. Plus, most people who need milk or bread at 2:00 AM probably swing through a 7-11 or some other 24-hour convenience store.
With this change, Walmart Supercenters will be the last big grocery stores in the Charlotte area to remain open around the clock. These are the 24-hour locations:
- 1830 Galleria Blvd., Charlotte
- 701 Hawley Ave, Belmont
- 2101 Younts Road, Indian Trail
- 150 Concord Commons Place, Concord
- 5825 Thunder Road, Concord
- 169 Norman Station Blvd., Mooresville
- 2420 Supercenter Drive, Kannapolis
- 7131 Highway, Denver
- 1151 Stonecrest Blvd., Tega Cay, SC