The N.C. State Fair Is Offering Some Wild Foods This Year
You know Phil and I love talking about crazy food and this year the N.C. State Fair is not disappointing us. The fair is starting tomorrow, October 12 and runs through October 22 in Raleigh. According to Axios Charlotte, there’s lots to see and taste at this year’s fair.
This year, the fair is offering 54 new foods for you to try out. After seeing the list of some of the weird new items being offered, I’d check out the rides before eating. LOL!
Looking at the fair’s website, they make it easy for you to find your favorite ride, foods, drinks, and more. When you click on ‘Food and Ride’ finder, it takes you to a map that’s easy to read, so you can find everything easily. Ticket info and special attraction days are also on the website so you can start planning the days you’d like to go.
Five Really Odd Fair Foods This Year
Ok…let’s get into the foods. According to Axios Charlotte, these are the most bizarre foods you’ll be able to try for 2023:
- Bacon Mac & Cheese Sundae: This monstrosity is from Bubba’s Bacon and looking at it makes my heart hurt. Although there’s no description, it looks like bacon wrapped around a croissant, with mac & cheese on top, and then sprinkles of bacon.
- Pulled Pork Mac & Cheese Danish: I wont’ lie…this looks nasty to me. But to each their own! It’s pulled pork, mac & cheese all on top of a flaky danish that’s topped with a sweet and tangy barbecue sauce. I’m out!
- Dill Pickle Doughnut: Now, you know I love pickles but I’m skeptical on this. Phil and I have tried some odd pickle foods, but nothing like this! It’s a doughnut with a whipped dill pickle cream cheese, topped with thick dill pickle chips and sprinkled with dill. Interesting!
- Stretchy Ice Cream: I’ve never seen anything like this! It’s a Lebanese ice cream, sometimes called Booza or Buzza. It gets its stretchy quality from an ingredient called salep. In addition, the recipe combines milk, cream, and mastic, which is used in chewing gum. The topping is pistachios.
- Bacon Berry Cookie Dough on a Stick: I think this is the first one I’d try. Sweet and savory combo! It’s cookie dough on a stick, topped with white chocolate, dried cranberries and crispy bacon.
If you’d like to check out the fair, all the info is here. Looks like a blast!