A new survey finds that Charlotte Douglas Airport tops the most lost luggage list. This is according to a study done by Price4Limo. This summer it felt like we kept hearing about travelers dealing with lost luggage. Nobody wants to have to deal with getting to their destination without their bags.
There’s a better chance of that happening with certain airlines and airports. Charlotte is on the list. Charlotte Douglas Airport is not the worst but in the top 10. To Charlotte Douglas’ defense, we’ve become a super busy airport. There are lots of flight connections at the airport so that gives us more chances to lose a bag. Or 5,000 haha.
- Overall, 55% of people say they’ve had an airline lose their luggage at one time or another, with only 34% getting them back.
- This could be why 78% of people are worried about checking bags.
- When it comes to national airlines, American Airlines was guilty of losing the most luggage this year, about 850 per 100,000 pieces of luggage.
- Southwest lost the least of the major airlines, just 380 per 100,000.
Top 5 National Airlines With The Most Lost Luggage in 2022
- American (850 per 100,000)
- JetBlue (670 per 100,000)
- Alaska (640 per 100,000)
- As for airports go. Here’s where Charlotte Douglas Airport tops the most lost luggage list. Chicago O’Hare lost the most luggage, followed by Las Vegas’ Harry Reid International Airport.
Airports With The Most Lost Luggage This Year
- Chicago O’Hare International Airport
- Harry Reid International Airport (Las Vegas)
- San Diego International Airport
- Austin-Bergstrom International Airport
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
- Charlotte Douglas International Airport
- Las Angeles International Airport
- Washington Dulles International Airport
- Philadelphia International Airport
- Tampa International Airport